|By Jayaram Krishnaswamy||
|January 5, 2013 03:49 PM EST||
- Click open BIDS from its shortcut.
- Create a Integration Services Project after providing a name for the project. Change the default name of the Package file.
- Drag and drop a Data Flow task to the Control Flow tabbed page of the package designer surface.
- In the bottom pane Connection Managers, configure connection managers one each for SQL Azure database; VerticalPart database on SQL Server 2008; and an MS Access database as shown.
- Create an MS Access database (Access 2003 format) and use it for this connection.
- Add two ADO.NET data flow sources to the tabbed designer pane Data Flow.
- Rename the default names of the source components to read From SQL Azure Database and From SQL Server 2008 database.
- Configure the ADO.NET Source Editor connected to SQL Azure to display the following as shown in the next image.
- Configure the ADO.NET Source Editor connected to SQL Server to display the following as shown in the next image.
- Drag and drop two Sort dataflow controls from the Toolbox to the design surface just below the ADO.NET data sources.
- Start with the one that is going to be receiving its input from the From SQL Azure Database source control.
- Click From SQL Azure Database and drag and drop the green dangling line on to the Sort control below it as shown.
- Double click the Sort control to display the Sort Transformation Editor and place a check mark for EmployeeID as shown.
- Repeat the same procedure for the From SQL Server 2008 Database source. Now we have two sort controls receiving their inputs from two source controls with outputs sorted.
- Drag and drop a Merge Join Data Flow Transformation from the Toolbox on to the design surface.
- Click the Sort data flow transformation on the left (connected to From SQL Azure Database) and drag and drop its green dangling line on to the Merge Join data flow transformation.
- Select the Merge Join Left Input and click OK.
- Repeat the same for the other Sort on the right (this time select Merge Join Right Output).
- Double click Merge Join to open the Merge Join Transformation editor page as shown.
- Place check mark for EmployeeID in both the Sort lists shown in the top pane. The bottom pane gets populated with Input columns and Output aliases. Make sure the join type is Left outer join as in the above image (use drop-down handle if needed).
- In the MS Access database you created while setting up the Connection Managers create a table, Salary Report table with the design parameters shown in the next image.
- Drag and drop an OLE DB Destination component from the Toolbox on to the package designer pane just underneath the Merge Join component.
- Drag and drop the green dangling line from Merge Join to the OLE DB Destination component.
- Double click the OLE DB Destination component to open its editor and fill in the details as follows:
- Click Mappings to verify all the columns are present.
- Build the project and execute the package.
As cloud adoption continues to transform business, today's global enterprises are challenged with managing a growing amount of information living outside of the data center. The rapid adoption of IoT and increasingly mobile workforce are exacerbating the problem. Ensuring secure data sharing and efficient backup poses capacity and bandwidth considerations as well as policy and regulatory compliance issues.
Feb. 21, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,706
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 195
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:00 AM EST
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 353
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 175
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 4,220
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,476
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 934
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 7,604
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,624
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,412
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 5,950
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 6,231
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 972
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,610
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 8,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 20, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,056
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 703
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Feb. 20, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,976
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,033